Author: abshiedsbrief

Couldn't resist.
May write another one, this is too much fun.

This would be a Felix/Adrian ficlet of 400 and something words. Rated PG at most.
Enjoy. ^^

***
He sits in the locker room, thinking of stopping altogether. He never actually enjoyed soccer to such a degree nor is he highly talented like others are, and his studies do suffer, even if just a little bit. But even though it's more than a simple study matter, Felix can hardly form the words, even to himself. Facing it feels like touching one's raw flesh and he can't bring himself to such levels of masochism. His feelings are hidden under layers of denial. His fingers flutter over his team uniform, having folded it neatly on the bench. He doesn't know how to approach the matter. And anyway, he doesn't feel like he'll be able to talk when the time comes to give explanations. 

"What the hell was that, out there?"

The time comes sooner than he had hoped and he averts his gaze upwards, lips falling into a frown. He doesn't dare to talk, doesn't dare to breath, and doesn't dare to look at the boy in front of him. There's obvious hurt in the other's voice that Felix can't understand but he regrets his actions now. He can't take it back now, and he can't make everything like it used to be. He stormed out during practice. He threw things around. He was angry. But it was all really just building up for quite some time; it couldn't have been any other way.

" I-" He starts, finally looking upwards. Adrian looks surprised but put together despite his messy hair, rigid breath and flushed cheeks. Felix gathers his thoughts, assuming the other had been running. "I'm quitting."

And it's out. Adrian looks like he knew yet hoped Felix wouldn't actually say it. Felix sees he tries to act casual about it, as he coughs and runs a hand through his messy hair. Adrian doesn't talk him into staying, nor does he try to tell him what a great player he is. Felix thinks he knows it wouldn't work. As if Adrian felt that Felix wasn't playing with pure desire. Felix hopes it's not too obvious that he had been playing for someone else through all this time.

He stands up and Adrian does nothing to stop him. Other team members start to fill the room, shouting and talking, but Felix and Adrian stay put, looking at each other. "Look, I, for some time, I mean… What I wanted to say is that I… You know."

Adrian looks at him and a smile forms on his face, as gentle and short-lived as a butterfly. He nods his head and takes a step towards Felix, and the two hug. Felix is aware of the room full of boys, but all he can concentrate on is Adrian and where their skins meet. He feels a hot puff of air against his ear, as Adrian leans in, squeezes him a little tighter and whispers "I know."